As we all know, climate change is a very serious issue now. The human race has made a considerable amount of damage to the planet, most of them are, unfortunately, irreversible. The consequences are being borne mostly by the animal and the plant kingdom, which is ABSOLUTELY unfair.
We, the human race have stayed ignorant for way too long and if this continues, we will reach a point of no return. Fortunately, we still have time to reverse the damage inflicted on the earth, at least to some extent. We still have time to change our ways and actions to prevent further damage.
It is not YET too late. But, if you don't act now, it'll soon be "too late".
My intent is to not scare you, but, to bring into your awareness, what MIGHT be your future if you do not take wise decisions NOW.
According to a trustable report, we have only 12 years left to reverse the damage before it's too late.
This is extremely alarming.
We cannot afford to waste any more time. Our future is still in our hands, to some extent again.
Each one of us has to contribute to reverse this damage and to restore back the condition of our earth. There is no option. It is each one of our responsibility. Like it or not.
Most of us think, reversing global warming is a very time consuming and expensive work.
You are absolutely wrong.
The smallest change in your lifestyle makes a huge difference.
The least you can do is:- 1. Order your drinks without a straw [ unless it's an ego friendly straw]
2. Always carry your own bag when you go shopping
3. Do not throw away old newspapers or papers. Please recycle them.
4. This might offend a lot of you, but sorry to break it to you, but consuming meat actually contributes to global warming. [I'll touch upon this topic in just a minute].
5. Carpool whenever possible.
6. Try using public transport.
7. Use electricity and water extremely wisely.
8. Do not litter your surroundings.
9. Say no to plastic bags.
10. Plan your family well. We already have more than enough of the human population. More human equals more global warming. In fact adoption is a great option!
11. Use LED bulbs. They consume 80% less electricity.
12. You can be part of sayTrees and contribute to their projects of restoring Bangalore's greenery.
How is the meat industry massively contributing to global warming ?
Animal agriculture contributes about roughly 20% of the greenhouse gases causing climate change. It is one of the biggest contributing factors to global warming other than fossil fuels.
I know this sounds very odd and raises a big question.
Let me explain.
Meat equals livestock. Livestock equals the need for larger pasture lands. Larger pasture lands equals deforestation. Deforestation equals global warming.
I know what you're thinking.
Even a vegetarian diet requires deforestation for plant agriculture, right?
Well, a meat eater eats an animal which requires plant based food. Plus, a meat eater cooks the meat with plant-based ingredients.
To supply his/her meal, there is so much deforestation involved.
Deforestation is involved for pasture land as well as for land to grow crops to feed the farmed animals.
16 Kg of grain feeds 20 people. While the same 16 Kg of grain is needed to produce only 1 Kg of beef which feeds only 2 people.
If you look at a vegan/ vegetarians diet, they cause way way way way less damage when compared to a meat eater.
Moreover, eating a dead animal isn't at all good for your health.
These are the risks : 1. Cancer
4. Heart diseases
7. Erectile dysfunction
8. Harmful Cholesterol
10. Alzheimers disease
Do you really think ALL these are really worth just for a few minutes of your enjoyment?
Now please don't tell me that humans were meant to be omnivores.
Have a look at your teeth.
Then have a look at the teeth of an omnivore, carnivore and a herbivore.
Our teeth resembles that of the herbivore the most.
This is just one among the many proofs that human aren't omnivores.
And also don't tell me that if we stop eating meat, the animal population will increase. [ This is one of the most common and stupidest excuse people keep telling me]
First of all, I think we have killed enough animal species.
Second of all, there are carnivores present to keep a check on the population of herbivores. Your contribution is absolutely unnecessary, in fact you are doing more harm than good.
And also keep in mind that you are absolutely not helping to keep a check on the population of herbivores by eating them. In fact, you are the reason why the population of them are increasing.
The meat you eat is not from an animal roaming free in the wild. The are factory farmed. They are artificially bred for the owners profit.
So, incase you had in your mind that you're doing a great deed by consuming animals, better remove it.
I know this is a very controversial and a sensitive topic. But I'm just stating facts. I'm not randomly making up crap and throwing them at you. So if you're offended, you are to blame yourself.
Also, if you are interested in becoming a vegan, you need to check out Evolving Vegan, founded by Mena Mossoud [ Yess Aladdin!!! *heart eyes* ]. It has a lot of interesting stuffs you would want to check out .
My aim is not just to reverse global warming, but also to make the earth a better place.
Here are a few simple steps you can take to make the earth a heavenly place. [ Most of these sound very obvious but the problem is, most of us forget these simple teachings in our day to day life and proceed to do the opposite. You can call this a gentle reminder of the values that were taught to us ]
1. Make tithing a part of your life. If you don't know what tithing is, then in simple words, it is donating 10% of your net profit to charity.
2. Apart from tithing, please do not hinder from giving a few bucks to the needy people begging in streets. You just have to be careful with whom you decide to help because most of them aren't deserving.
3. Most of us have dogs/cats living in our streets. The least you can do is feed them a packet of biscuit every day. It costs barely nothing. If you want to take a step further, you can provide them with water and shelter too, that would be really very great.
4. Say no to leather and fur [ any sort of animal skin ]
5. Use cruelty-free skincare and makeup.
6. Avoid eating dead animals. Let your body not be a tomb for dead animals.
7. Feed birds with rice, pulses, puffed rice, etc.
8. Provide birds with some water in your balconies and rooftop.
9. Say no to honey.
10. Say no to wool and feather.
All these barely take any effort or money. The only thing that stops most of us is our own ego.
For some odd reasons, we humans, believe that we are superior to other animals. I'm sorry but we are no one to decide who is important and who is not. In fact, humans cause more harm than good, so considering ourselves more important sounds very ironic.
Our aim should not only be to reverse global warming but to make the earth a better place to live.
If each one of us inculcates at least 75% of what I've mentioned, we can make the earth a heavenly place to live.
Each one of us can experience heaven even before dying. Sounds dramatic, but still...
Okay, I'm going to stop now.
Hope you took something valuable out of this post. I worked really hard on this article as I really want this to make a positive impact.
And also, it took me a lot of courage to post this, because I touched upon a few sensitive topics.
If by any chance this post offended anyone,then I'm sorry, that wasn't my intent. It's just that i don't believe in sugar coating the rough facts.
If you agree with me, please show me your support by subscribing. click here!
Hope you have an amazing day!