picture credits: www.jaggiphoto.com
I think its very evident by now that I love making my own products because when you prepare your own products, you know exactly whats going into its making. Also, it is very difficult to find cruelty free brands in the place where I live and most of the cruelty free brands are expensive.
DIY products don't contain preservatives or any harmful chemicals, they are personally customised if you see, a lot safer and of course cheaper [ sometimes not ]
Ingredients you require
3. Essential oil of your choice [not necessary]
1. Add 3 tablespoons of flaxseed to 2.5 cups of water.
2. Boil it till a frothy substance appears or till u feels its getting a bit sticky.
3. Do not wait till it completely becomes a gel, else you can't strain it.
4. Strain it using a muslin cloth, strainer or using a stocking.
5. Add an essential of your choice
As a hair mask
You can apply this gel all over your hair, from the root to the tips, leave it on for about an hour or two and shampoo and condition as usual.
As a styling gel
You can either apply it to wet or dry hair to define your curls and also use it as edge control.
If you have straight or wavy hair, you can use it to manage you baby hair and to sleek down your hair.
Remember, if you are using it as a styling gel, do not over use it as it might flake and make your hair stiff although not oily.
Hope you found this helpful.
Don't forget to subscribe to get notified every time I post. click here!
Have an amazing day!